- 2 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 pkg of baby portabella mushrooms
- 2+Serrano peppers (depending on how spicy you want the sauce)
- 1 pkg Hispanic White Queso (Cheese)
- 1 package of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 container of Pillsbury thin pizza crust
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 white onion
1) Blanch Asparagus. You can complete this process by boiling water with a bit of salt. Then, remove after 4 minutes to maintain a firm texture.
2) Let cool
3) Cut asparagus into strips
1) Blanch tomatoes to remove skin. This is easily done by adding tomatoes to boiling water. Afterwards, remove the tomato skin.
2) Add cooked tomatoes, serrano peppers, fresh garlic, 1/4 of white onion, and 1/8 cup of cilantro to the food process and chop until you make a blend
3) Saute mushrooms in a pan until cooked.
4) Add the tomato sauce mixture and cook for 10 minutes to make a thick mixture
5) Cool for 5 minutes
1) Start cooking the crust according to the directions on the Pillsbury crust package and toss about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese along raw dough.
2) Then, remove the dough from the oven after cooking it for 5 minutes
3) Add the the pizza sauce
4) Top the the pizza with 1/2 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup of Hispanic cheese
5) Then lay the strips of asparagus along the top of the pizza
6) Cook the pizza in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the pizza is as brown as you want
When the pizza is ready, serve it warm garnished with fresh cilantro. It is delicious eaten with a glass of your favorite red wine, such as, Merlot.